Wednesday 6 January 2016

Night Skincare Routine



My skin during winter is so dry and very irritated. So my skincare routine consists of trying to get all the moisture into my skin whilst also trying to calm it down. As I don't really do a lot in the morning, a quick cleanse a some moisturiser (which I reviewed here), I try to give my skin a little more attention in the evening.

Starting with The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil to remove the majority of my makeup. I bought this after I read that Amelia Liana love its and I can do nothing but agree with her. This product feels so luxurious to use, leaves my skin feeling so soft and doesn't irritate my eyes. I then use some type of micellar water to remove the last of my eye makeup as the cleansing oil doesn't quite get all of it and to remove any remaining residue. At the moment I am using the Soap & Glory Total Drama Clean. Not as good as the Garnier Micellar Water in my opinion but it gets the job done. Moving on to toner, I've used Lush's Eau Roma Water for a long time and am now on my second bottle which is an achievement as this stuff lasts forever! This toner is so gentle and calming on the skin whilst also being very hydrating. Another plus is that it smells like lavender which is lovely just before you're about to go to bed. To moisturise I use the Garnier Moisture + Nourish which is designed specifically for dry to very dry skin. I used to use this as a day moisturiser but it's so thick and takes forever to soak into the skin that I had to switch to using it in the evening. However, because it's so thick it does work wonders when my skin is having an especially dry moment.

What's your current skincare routine?

- Millie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment